Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Clothing

I started purging my closet today. I was motivated by yet another episode of Hoarders. I have a lot of clothes that I haven't worn in years. A lot that doesn't fit, which was easy to put in the bag. But also a lot of clothes that do fit which was also fairly easy to throw away too. I decided if I haven't worn it in over a year, it goes to charity. I guess my style has changed over the years because a lot of the stuff that I could still wear looked horrible on me. Hopefully it used to look better! But on the plus side I found some new old shirts to wear. And I freed up some hangers too. Next to tackle is my "dresser" which is actually some dorm-room like metal cubes that I have my shoes and fold-y stuff. I have a problem hoarding pajamas. I don't actually wear them to sleep in but for lounging around the house. I'm hesitant to give away a big, loose shirt if it has potential to be a "jammy" shirt. But I've got to cut down. I don't think anyone needs 20 different lounging shirts. I usually end up wearing the same two or three anyways. Same with tank tops...I really need to stop shopping at Old Navy. And then there's my shoes. I'm saving some super cool shoes I've bought over the years just because they're super cool. They haven't fit since I had Dacian and my feet grew half a size. So it's time to let go of my silver tennis shoes and burgundy bowling-type shoes that I bought in Paris. So sad...but really what am I saving them for? Chiara when she grows up? Yeah time to let those go.
I have to say it feels good clearing out the closet. I'm enjoying freeing up space. Sasha is also enjoying it because it means he'll have more than 2 feet of hanger space!

No comments:

Post a Comment