Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sharing

So we've started to share the news with friends and family about the big move. We've had a lot of different reactions. Lots of positive, not really any negative and some cautionary. Most of the ladies I work with aren't even interested in traveling out of the country let alone living somewhere else so they're very resistant to the idea. I think most people are concerned for us moving somewhere where we don't know anyone.
We don't have the biggest support net here in Reno. Most of our friends have moved away, mom is "gone". We mainly rely on my father-in-law Rob (aka Baba) and WAX (friends of ours). So we get out more than some parents but certainly less than others. Sasha plays music with his band twice a week. I have no life but I still get two nights a week to have some quiet time by myself. We go out a lot as a family. Dacian and Chiara are fairly well behaved.
So moving to Prague where we'll have absolutely no net isn't as big a step for us. We've always had to travel to see family for holidays, etc. We do have friends in Europe in general, though and my uncle lives in Berlin which isn't horribly far away from Prague.
I know it's going to be a huge change. We'll be going from a two story house to a probably two bedroom flat. It'll be a lot less space but we'll have the whole city to explore. Just going to the store will become an adventure. It might not be comfortable, we might hate it but that's part of the experience. I don't know if we'll be there forever, probably not, but it's something Sasha and I want to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment